25 Reasons why my dog is a better man than me.
As I’ve been walking and camping with my faithful friend Hari the labrador I have been noticing something strange from time to time, that in some ways, I’m quite jealous of him, and if there ever was such a thing I’d like to be reincarnated as him.
oh just in case you think I’ve spelled his name wrong that Hari with an I as in Krishna, not Y as in Prince! He’s named after a great taxi driver I met in Nepal years ago, who shares many of the same traits, and appears in several of my adventure series books, starting with THREE MEN AND A GOAT, a himalayan adventure and black comedy, available to buy in paperback on Amazon
Back to the story! I thought I’d make a list and share it with you.
- He is always pleased to see me.
- He is always happy to see everyone else.
- He does not cause any trouble, nor argue, or fight.
- He is a friend to everyone.
- He is never jealous.
- He doesn’t have any addictions.
- He doesn’t have any relationship troubles.
- He doesn’t get drunk and fall out with people.
- He always maintains an even temperament.
- He doesn’t have illicit affairs.
- He doesn’t borrow any money from people.
- He doesn’t need clothes and isn’t worried about fashion.
- He doesn’t need boots to go hiking
- He doesn’t need a fancy home.
- He isn’t worried about the latest technology gadgets.
- He uses minimul planetary resources.
- He knows where to find clean water.
- He already has a waterproof jacket.
- He doesn’t complain if things get hard.
- He doesn’t blame others when things go wrong.
- He doesn’t moan if he gets the same dinner every day.
- He isn’t obsessed with a career or status.
- He doesn’t need social media or any kind of media to keep him entertained.
- He is happy to drink only water every day.
- He isn’t obsessed with how he looks, or whether he is getting old..
- He’s relaxed and never gets stressed.
I could go on… but I think that’s enough. I’m starting to feel bad about myself!
We could all learn a lot from Hari the labrador.
Be more Hari. I plan to be.